Sunday, July 5, 2015

Free treats

I love free stuff and loyalty programs that give you free stuff.  Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins offer a couple good ones.

Baskin Robbins - Sign up for their emails and you'll get a coupon for a free scoop of ice cream emailed to you for your birthday.  Their marketing emails usually only come around holidays and special occasions (Mother's Day, graduation, etc.), encouraging you to buy cakes to celebrate.  I hardly notice them since I have a dedicated email for marketing and shopping purposes.

Dunkin Donuts - Sign up for their DD Perks loyalty program and you get a free drink right away.  You also get a free drink on your birthday, and they often have specials during the year where you can earn free drinks or get bonus points towards earning a free drink.  For example, they once had a special where I got a free drink just for signing up for autoreload on my card.

Signing up for the program is free, but you do have to associate a Dunkin Donuts gift card to your loyalty account.  If you don't already have one, you can get one while singing up for DD Perks, and you only need to put $2 on it.  $2 is less than the cost of most of their drinks.  I use their mobile app so I don't have to deal with plastic cards and printing out coupons.  It's also great when I suddenly get a craving for a giant coffee and I can just pop by a DD to grab a free one using my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment