Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Supplies - the best part of back to school

Now that I'm out of school, there are several things I miss about it.  Some you would expect, like the camaraderie, stimulating environment, independent lifestyle, etc.  But one that may be a little odd is the back to school shopping aspect.

I always loved back to school shopping because it meant getting fresh new notebooks, smooth-working pens, perfect pristine crayons.  I don't know what it is, but I just like office supplies.  Maybe it's the feeling of getting organized or feeling productive - or maybe I'm just weird.

When I got ready for college, it was even better.  Not only did I get new supplies (some were even school-branded!) but I also got to shop for dorm furnishings and decorations.  It was a chance to show my dorm mates who I was, shape how I wanted my college experience begin, and feel like I had a home away from home.

Of course I can still buy supplies and things for my home, but it isn't quite the same as before.  That doesn't mean I can't still take a look when the sales come around this time of year, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment