Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I scream for mint chocolate chip ice cream

On a hot day like today, I instantly slip into a moment of bliss with mint chocolate chip ice cream.  That cold when it hits your tongue.  The sweet creamy texture.  And the refreshing taste with bits of chocolate.  What could be better?

Every time I go into an ice cream shop or decide to venture down the freezer aisle in the supermarket, it's difficult for me not to choose mint chocolate chip.  I like this flavor in pretty much every brand of ice cream.  Some of my favorites, though, are Breyers, Edy's, and Friendly's.



The ice cream is, of course, great on its own, but for more indulgence, add brownies, chocolate cake, and/or chocolate chip cookies.  An unexpected tasty combination I stumbled on is mint chocolate chip ice cream with ginger cookies.

For something that also quenches your thirst, make an ice cream float with Sprite.  With the float, I find that Breyers is the best, but they're all good.  It's a treat my mom made for me when I was growing up, and it still hits the spot today.

No comments:

Post a Comment